Sorry for the long absence.
Its been a while a posted. Today I am coming with a new theme. I have been asked by many of my followers what do they need to buy or to have before starting doing their make up!
I therefore figured out that i should probably write an article on it, because it is such an important question.
So the different points to consider are:
- Know your Skin Type and the Shade for the foundations.
- What essentials equipment are needed?
- How and where to buy your make up products .
- Things to consider before you start practising on you.
- Time to practise.
I. KNOW YOUR SKIN TYPE AND SHADE.
a. To know your skin type it is very easy, we have three different type of skin type: Dry, Oily and combinations. If you are unsure, speak to your doctor or Dermatologist.
b. Knowing your shade is extremely important, because it means knowing “the right colour of foundation for me.” How do you know the right shade of foundation for yourself? Let me share with you what i did:
- 1st Option: Go to your local beauty store, take an appointment if necessary with a brand adviser of your choice, e.g. Lancôme, MAC Cosmetics, and tell them u want to know the right shade for the foundations, and don’t forget to inform them of your skin type. They will usually do test on your cheeks with different shades until the get your right shade.
- 2nd Option: Check Online and get the a shade of foundation that you think is closer to your skin tone. Again I would strongly advised to do the first option.
To know about Foundation and what do buy and know what i use, go check the review i did HERE.
II. WHAT ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT ARE NEEDED?
To fully understand what is needed, I will try and give details of equipment step by step>
- MAKE UP BRUSHES
They are different type of make up brushes needed: Brows Brush, Foundation Brush, Powder Brush, eye shadows Brushes, concealer Brush.
To get a set of Brushes in the UK for good price buy from here:
For those in France area, get affordable brushes through these links:
Note that there are many type of brushes, but as a beginner, it is always advised to get an example of brush kit which usually have all brushes needed for every steps of foundations routine. For example THIS ONE.
- MAKE UP SPONGES
Makeup sponges have recently become a non avoidable equipment needed, they also usually called “Beauty Blender”. These sponges help to reduce the use of some make up brushes and you get the job done as long as you buy a good quality beauty blender. My go to beauty blender will be from Real Techniques. and very affordable from Amazon.
III. HOW AND WHERE TO BUY YOUR MAKEUP PRODUCTS
- How to Buy your makeup products
For me, the first thing to do is to make the list of the products your will: Face Primer, Eye brows Products, eyes shadow palette, Foundation, Face powder ( Setting & Finishing), Blush Palette, Concealer palette, Mascara, Lipstick, etc.
After making the list, you can either read review under products your looking for and ask advises from bloggers and make up artist available to do so.
2. Where to buy your makeup products
Here would be the different products and where i buy mine that i would recommend :
- Face Primer: Buy MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix + from Here
- Eye brows kit : Buy Benefit ka-BROW! eyebrow cream-gel colour from Here.
- Eyes Shadows Palette e.g Sleek Makeup I-Divine Eye Shadow Palette from Here.
- Face Foundation: For UK L‘oreal Paris True Match Foundation , Lancôme ‘Teint Idole Ultra 24H’ , Estée Lauder Double Wear ,
- For France
- Concealer Palette NYX Professional Makeup Conceal/Correct/Contour or get LA GIRL PRO CONCEALER
- Face Setting Powder
- You can get any from Mac Cosmetics, Check it HERE.
- You can get any from Fashion Fair Cosmetics, check on google.
- You can get any from Estee Lauder Double wear, Check it HERE.
- Blush Palette in the UK Buy SLEEK By 3 blush Palette, or in France SLEEK BY 3 BLUSH Palette.
- Mascara: Buy Hypnose Drama by LANCOME, my Favourite.
- When it comes for lipstick ( More Details in the Part 2).
IV: THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU START MAKEUP ON YOU:
Before You start practising on you, I will suggest that:
- either you go for a Make up lesson or one to one, only if you can afford.
- Or you can watch a series of makeup tutorials on YouTube.
V. TIME TO PRACTISE
Good Luck Ladies in your practise. If you have any questions, leave them down below and i will gladly answer them.
Thank You for reading all the way. Don’t Forget to subscribe if you have not yet done so.